Using a smart door deadbolt can be useful to automate your locks. With the Schlage smart door deadbolt, you can use keys, keypad or smart home to automatically unlock/lock your door.
If you are away on vacation and need someone to check on your home sometimes, you don’t need to make a copy of the key, you can just make a temporary door code for your friend or family member who will need to get inside your home to check on things, and then remove that code once you are back!
Because it is a z-wave smart lock, it can be automated. Some examples:
- If a fire alarm is triggered, automatically unlock the door
- Makes it easier for people to help you if you’ve collapsed trying to escape the fire
- If no one is at home (such as at work), you can text neighbour to check your place if you got notification there’s smoke and save your pets, if needed
- Automatically lock the door if it was left unlocked for a while, length is up to you
- Unlock the door based on geofencing (location). You are approaching home, it’ll automatically unlock the door. Just carry your groceries and turn the handle, rather than fumbling around for the keys!
- Turn on the lights inside when the deadbolt is unlocked
This lock also has vibration sensor, so if someone is banging on the door or trying to break down the door, it will sound an alarm and potentially scare away the intruder (bad person).
It has been reliable and I would recommend the schlage z-wave door lock. They do also come with zigbee versions if it works for you better, depending on which wireless radio you’ve built your home with.